What training will I receive?
All MRC volunteers must complete a general orientation to the program and certain other required training. In addition, elective training is available as needed and desired, including a lending library.
Disaster-related trainings and exercises are offered throughout the year in a variety of media: online, satellite, classroom, hands-on and Just-In-Time.
- Incident Command System IS – 100
MRC News & Notes on what to expect from IS-100
- Incident Command System NIMS IS – 700
MRC News & Notes on what to expect from IS-700
ONLINE TRAINING SITES
- FDEM State Training
- FEMA Independent Study
- Public Health Preparedness & Response Core Competencies
- State of Florida Division of Risk Management Training
- USF Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice